Teaching Comparative Government and Politics

Wednesday, December 30, 2015

Milestone

Back in May 2006, I posted my first thoughts to this blog. I wrote, "Teaching is essentially a process that is cooperative. Even if you're learning while reading a book, you're virtually collaborating with the author. This blog should facilitate a collaborative process." My concept was to post links to articles that would help teach the concepts and facts that are included in the Comparative Government and Politics curriculum. I've posted 3,498 items since then. And while I was enjoying some holiday time this week, people kept reading things on the blog. Today, somebody was the 500,000th person to view a page of the blog. I'm impressed. I hope you are too. And don't be shy about asking questions. Ken Wedding College City Publications Northfield, MN USA

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 12:36 PM, Blogger foxfour said...

Ken,
Thanks for your work in keeping up with the blog. I started teaching the course just about the time you started the blog and you've been with me every step of the way. I've kept myself updated on the essentials, found articles for students to use, created webquests from your blog, etc...all thanks to your work. Thank you so much and congrats on the milestone!

 
At 2:32 PM, Blogger Ken Wedding said...

Thanks for the praise. You're one of the people I blog for.

I know that teachers are too busy to regularly read more than a couple news sources (for me it was the Economist and the NYT and national news on the tube). Now I have time to consult the online versions of a dozen newspapers, occasional academic papers, and read the Times and the Economist.

Let me know if I miss a good one.

Ken

 

Post a Comment

<< Home