Teaching Comparative Government and Politics

Thursday, September 02, 2010

Observations from an old man

Ok, I regard Chinua Achebe as a mentor when it comes to understanding things about Nigeria, even though I only met him once. So when I saw a reference in Sahara Reporters to an interview with Achebe in Newsweek from last June, I found it worth reading. Besides the headline referred to the novel I think is more important than the one for which Achebe is most famous.

A Man of the People
Although best known for his 1958 masterpiece, Things Fall Apart, about a simple yam farmer in tribal Nigeria, novelist Chinua Achebe is still writing about Africa a full half century later. The 79-year-old author and social critic spoke with NEWSWEEK’s Jerry Guo about recent developments in his home country and politics on the continent...

Teaching Comparative blog entries are indexed.

Find out What You Need to Know


Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home