Teaching Comparative Government and Politics

Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Del.icio.us adjunct to this blog

I am beginning to figure out some of this new technology (hopefully before it becomes obsolete).

Patrick O'Neil suggested saving the Web links from this blog in a "del.icio.us" list. That way they could be organized by topic and easier to retrieve.

So, I've done that.
If you go to http://del.icio.us/CompGovPol

you'll find all the links mentioned in the blog. And, as I post new things or find that you have posted new things, I'll add them to the list at that site.

Then I read Patrick O'Neil's message more clearly and discovered that we can network the links from this blog with the links he's collected on his "del.icio.us" site.

So, if you go to http://del.icio.us/network/compgovpol

you will find the nearly-200 links on Dr. O'Neil's list as well. And there are some very good and useful things there that you can use to create lessons and make assignments for your students.

If you make your own course-related "del.icio.us" list of links over the summer or as you prepare for next year's course, let me know and we'll add it to the network so everyone can see what you've found useful.

Wonderful stuff this new fangled technology. It's a long way from the Basic I learned in the '70s and the HyperCard I learned in the '80s and even a fair distance from the HTML I learned in the '90s.

2 Comments:

At 12:00 AM, Blogger Patrick said...

Ken:

Please also add to your network the Delicious site of my colleague Don Share:
http://del.icio.us/dshare

 
At 11:35 AM, Blogger Ken Wedding said...

I have added Don Share's Delcious site to the network. Suddenly we're approaching access to 200 sites (even one on bluegrass guitar).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home